Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Insight

I am an "avid tweeter," as my bio states. I tweet A LOT with my fellow NKOTB fan friends and we discuss everything and anything, and not always related to NKOTB. Among those friends, I have developed a following of sorts with my daily food and exercise tweets. Lots of people started telling me that I inspire them with my informative tweets and that they look forward to reading them. So I decided, why not create a twitter account JUST about my weight loss journey, and hopefully my friends on my NKOTB account will follow me on that new one? So, I did it. @myinnerstrength was born. I have about 100 followers, and 90% of them are my friends from my @donniedollgirl account. The rest are *dieticians*, *trainers*, and *fellow healthy living-weight loss enthusiasts*!! I tapped into a fountain of endless knowledge when I started following as many fitness accounts as I could find! While this journey towards wellness within is just beginning, I know that I am NOT an expert, and I am learning as I go. I truly realize, I have always loved teaching and instructing people. I don't want to let anyone down and I like being accountable to people other than myself. Having this outlet makes me feel a greater responsibility about what I am doing, and how I am doing it. With that said, I always accept advice and information from others. I am open to learn as much as I possibly can, and share what I know.

On another note, this past Sunday, I decided to go on a bike ride in the Albuquerque bosque. I rode an EPIC 20 miles in 1:45!!!! A personal best for me. My last best mileage was 13 miles in 1:30 (on a trail that has many hills). Completing 20 miles (on a straight away) was incredibly exhilarating. My next goal is 24 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment