Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Derailed....or Just Taking Another Path

As time has gone on through my weight loss and life change, it has become my custom to outdo myself, whether it be the last speed, weight lifted, or distance run/ridden. If I complete 5 miles then I have to do 6 the next time I workout. I'm amazed at my competitiveness; if only competing against the clock and myself.


Thursday was awesome...I rode my bike 8.8 miles!!! I also got too much sun, apparently didn't drink enough water; I ended up with a massive allergy attack, which started feeling like a sinus infection, and razor blades down my throat. I spent the whole day Friday slowly getting sicker and sicker, while busting my butt working at the apartment. By Saturday I was in bed and unable to function. That's very discouraging. I went to the Beauty and the Beast musical on Sunday, but did little else. Today, I am feeling better, and had to take time off from my usual workout schedule this week to GET THE HELL OUT OF THE APARTMENT for good. I have been doing so much at the house and apartment that I am working out anyway! I am sticking to my diet and focusing on next week's gym & bike time. I got the craziest idea and started thinking about doing a Triathlon next year!!! I have never, ever done anything athletic or competitive; I never played sports or tried out for anything, so this is a new idea, and I'm really pondering it. When I was swimming last year, I was doing 50 laps in about 30 minutes. I know I can ride 8 mph on my bike, so the run is the main part that needs major improvement. Doing a triathalon is definitely something to work towards. A new goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment