Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Motivation


Today I weighed in 2 lbs less than Friday when I saw my doctor. That's good news. My monthly water retention bloat seems to be going away. I know water gain is not the same as fat gain. It's just numbers on the scale, but somehow those numbers mess with my head, and can make or break my morale. Today was a really good day. I stuck to my food plan. I drank the much thicker, richer whey protein I'm trying out, and I felt full for the full 2 hours between it and my oatmeal. I went to the gym after work and I lifted weights for 37 minutes. This time, I wrote down all my sets, reps, and weight amounts lifted, and on which machine. That gave me a great sense of accomplishment to see it written down, to know what I did, and to have a baseline for my lifting ability now. This is, of course, something I should have been doing for over a year now, but better late than never! I came home and made dinner...I had protein and complex carbs. I avoided dessert and I drank more water. Then the fun began. I went on a bike ride and was able to track my speed/distance with my new bike computer!! At one point I was pedaling downhill and my speed was 22mph! It was awesome! I finished my bike ride after 5.3 miles. I would have gone another 2 miles, but it was getting dark. It was exhilirating to see my mileage, speed, and distance. It really gave me motivation to keep going. I have noticed now, as well, that my stamina is increasing monumentally. I am able to make it up steep hills without stopping, and my legs are feeling stronger and stronger. Lifting weights and doing low impact cardio on my bike is working my quads as well as my whole body. I can feel it in my arms, shoulders, and chest, as I'm holding on for dear life going downhill so fast!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment