Thursday, July 22, 2010

Setting the Bar Even Higher

I got off work early today, and was able to get started on my bike ride at 5 pm instead of 6. That was a huge motivator! It was 89 degrees, which is a lot cooler than it's been, but still "warm." I have noticed that I am much more tolerant of the heat since breast reduction and now since weight loss. I hit the trail and was determined to beat the rain and my last mileage. With every mile, I felt stronger and stronger; the only reason I stopped at 10.27 miles was because I had to pee! LOL!

Today's stats:

At 1 hour, I had ridden 8.59 miles, and had burned 466 calories
At 1 hour & 12 minutes, I had ridden 10.27 miles and had burned 561 calories
4 hours from when I started riding, I had burned a total of 1103 calories

Today, I burned 100 calories less than Tuesday, which was when I had incorporated weight lifting for 30 min w/HIIT for 30 min. Still, I am going for endurance, stamina, and strength in bike riding as well as continued fat burning and muscle gain, and I am proud I rode for 10 miles! Triathalon training here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Yay go Helly :) I need to have Andres give my bike a tune up and get a new seat and we should ride some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo proud of you Little Sis!!! Miss ya and love ya!

    ReplyDelete